Youth Life Style and Church Growth
Content Structure of Youth Life Style and Church Growth
The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Chapter One Of Youth Life Style and Church Growth
Background of the study
Church Growth is a movement within evangelical Christianity which focuses on developing methods to grow churches based on business marketing strategies.It cannot be disputed that youths play a vital role in the life of a Church as they are the leaders of tomorrow and future of the church. The elderly stands out but youth’s contributions have been shinning and have always been flagbearers of every Church. For any tangible growth to take place in any Christiancommunity, the youth must be significant in that process of growth. This is the more reason whywise nations, countries, groups and organization focus more on the development of youths so that thefuture of such investments would never be improvised or blind. It is therefore of vital importance in the Catholic Church to prepare assiduously youths for the tasks they would naturally face inthe coming future. It is only when we have nourished our youths that they in-turn develop theChurch. The questions are “what amount of attention do we give the youths and what levelof devotion does the youths give to the church.
The youths of today have very high ideals, and to deny this would be grossly unfair. But we mustadmit that very often these ideals can sour, can be perverted and can be exploited. Often youngpeople ultimately relinquish their ideals if they suspect that the situation is hopeless; if theyconclude that nowhere can these ideals be fulfilled. Unfortunately, this is the usual progressionof events today. Disappointments lead to abysmal falls, often to depths lower than those theycondemned when their idealism was fresh. Where this does not happen, ideals are exploited byfalse prophets of good. The sectarians far from the fullness of truth are able to inspireyouth to make such amazing sacrifices Yet at the same time, the Orthodox Church, possessingthe fullness of Truth, has a real difficulty in keeping her youth(Abednego: 1989). It could be that in ignoring the high ideals and potential moral heroism of our youth we have failed to familiarizethem with our examples of such heroism, displayed by our own young, even the very young,who loved Christ and His Church in past ages. The youths are important fabrics in the society. Can there be any society without youth?Obviously no, that is why we must see to it that our youths find their rightful places in the church.
Church growth begins with church health and not the other way around. We see in nature that healthy things grow. This is by no means a new concept, but it’s still true. From this research, we will discover what a healthy church is like and how youth life style can boost church growth.
Statement of the problem
One key problem is the inability to examine youth life style and church growth.Another problem is how best to measure numerical growth. A variety of indicators for attendance and occasional offices are available, but all are affected to some degree by measurement error and random fluctuations. Such variability poses particular problems with small churches, where the addition or subtraction of just a few people produces large proportional changes in the totals.
Objectives of the study
- To examine youth life style and church growth.
- To change the unhealthy culture of some church youth ministries.
- To cast a fresh vision for the church.
1. What amount of attention do we give the youths?
2. What level of devotion do the youths give to the church?
1.5 Research hypotheses
Significance of the study
This research work will assist churches, ministries, pastors, etc in discovering the vital roles youths play in the life of a Church as they are the leaders of tomorrow and future of every church.From this research, we will discover what a healthy church is like and how youth life style can boost church growth.
Scope/Limitations of the study
This study is on youth lifestyle and church growth.
Limitations of study
- 1. Financial constraint– Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
- 2. Time constraint– The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Definition of terms
Church Growth: is a movement within evangelical Christianity which focuses on developing methods to grow churches based on business marketing strategies.
Life style:Lifestyles define us; they are the way we live our lives, what we do, with whom, where, how and what we use to do it.