The Influence of Online News on Traditional News Patronage; a Case Study of University Lagos Lecturers
Content Structure of The Influence of Online News on Traditional News Patronage; a Case Study of University Lagos Lecturers
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
An Online News is viewed as a periodical publication with current written information dealing with issues in different fields such as politics, business, sports and art. The use of Headlines in Online News refers to the heading or caption of an Online News article. The essence being to draw the attention of the reading audience to the story quickly and briefly (Plambeck, 2010). They are usually typed in black ink with a white or gray background. Online News include materials such as opinion columns, weather forecasts, reviews of local services, obituaries, birth notices, crosswords, editorial cartoons, comic strips, and advice columns. Most Online News are published and managed as businesses since they are responsible for their expenses and also receive the revenue which accrues from online stand sales, and advertising . The traditional method of publishing online News in print copies usually on cheap, low-grade paper called online print. Is currently being replaced with online News which are published on websites as a result of advancement in the information technology fields thereby leading to online customer segment of online users. The study seeks to appraise the influence of online on traditional Online News patronage. A case study of university of Lagos lecturers.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The reading of Online News is facing some challenges in our contemporary society. This is due to the nature of competition in the industry as well as advances in technology involving the use of social media. The traditional Online News hard copies are being confronted with challenges of the influx of Online News readers. Thereby affecting sales and revenue. Therefore, the problem confronting the study is to appraise the influence of Online on traditional Online News patronage. A case study of university of Lagos lecturers.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The Main Objective of the research is to proffer an appraisal on the influence of Online on traditional Online News patronage. A case study of university of Lagos lecturers; The specific objectives include:
- To determine the relevance of Online News.
- To determine the influence of Online on traditional Online News patronage.
- To investigate if online news affects the sales of traditional newspaper.
- How relevant is Online News?
- What is the influence of Online news on traditional Newspaper patronage?
- Does online news affect the sales of traditional newspaper?
STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
The statement of the hypothesis for the study is stated in Null as follows:
H0: There is no significant relationship between online news and the sales of traditional newspaper.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research proffers an appraisal on the influence of Online on traditional Online News patronage. A case study of university of Lagos lecturers. It provides relevant data for the effective formulation and implementation of policies to enhance the realization of envisaged objective.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research proffers an appraisal on the influence of Online on traditional Online News patronage. A case study of university of Lagos lecturers.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study was confronted with logistics and geographical factors.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
ONLINE NEWS DEFINED
This are the printed Online News which are distributed over the Internet.
Headlines in Online News refers to the heading or caption of a Online News article. The essence being to draw the attention of the reading audience to the story quickly and briefly.
The Audience consists of the group of people who participate in a lecture, training sessions, and show or encounter a work of art, literature etc.
Perception is the arrangement, recognition, and interpretation of sensory information so as to represent and understand the presented information, or the environment.
ONLINE NEWS DEFINED
Online News is an Online publication containing current events, articles and advertisements.
Cartoons are those simple drawings in an Online News or magazine showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, especially a satirical one. A cartoon shows a typical illustration, often animated, in a non-realistic or semi-realistic style. It is an image or series of images displayed in form of a satire, caricature, or humor; or a motion picture use for illustrations. A cartoon is a humorous illustration in magazines and Online News. In Traditional Online News, a cartoon is a display of humorous illustration or series of illustrations, in intent.