The impact of organizational structure of commercial banks on efficient customer service in nigeria (a case study of first bank plc) project material PDF document download start from the abstract to chapters 1 to 5.
Content Structure of The Impact of Organizational Structure of Commercial Banks on Efficient Customer Service in Nigeria
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of The Impact of Organizational Structure of Commercial Banks on Efficient Customer Service in Nigeria
This research is a study aimed at finding the main causes of customers of commercial banks to be prompt wherever they are in their current or saving accounts or withdrawing cash from their savings account balances or cash cheque in their current account balance. Consequent upon this, it will determine the impact balance of the organizational structure of commercial banks on efficient customer services.
In other words, this pieces of research work goes to determine whether the organizational structure of commercial banks service in Nigeria especially First Bank (Nig) Plc.
This research was restricted to (4) four branches each in three states Lagos<P.H Enugu out of 314 three hundred and fourteen branches in Nigeria. Both interview and questionnaires, method of data gathering were used. This categories of sample were used in this exercise namely customers clerical staff and the management staff in determine the promptness of first bank (Nig) plc to the customers. The three categories of sample contributed in determining how to solve problems of delay if any.
Chapter five of The Impact of Organizational Structure of Commercial Banks on Efficient Customer Service in Nigeria
FINDINGS CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FINDING
The first Observation shows that customers of first bank complained that the devices being rendered by first bank appear to be prompt and attributing the principal cause of this promptness to the organizational structure of first bank plc. Both the branch management staff was the clerical staff also believed that it bank that contributed to the promptness in the service to customers in first bank plc.
- The second observation shows that customers of first bank plc does not spend much time in any transaction.
- The normal time spent in any transaction should be fifteen (15) minutes.
- Another observation shows that customers of first bank plc served.
- Finally, the branch management staff believed that the polices of executives help the smooth running of the operations of the bank.
Inferences drawn from the analysis and interpretations shows that to a great extent the orgnisational structure of first bank plc has an impact on efficient customer services. Base on the inferences draws here under recommendation was to the authority concerned for due consideration. It is the researcher believe that if these recommendations are implemented the services of first bank will improve more.
This study is highly limited as far as it is based on a case study in which few branches in (3) three states out of 314 branches spread throughout the federation were studies. Due to constraints of time and resources, the study has been limited to (4) four branches in Lagos out of 55 branches out of 8 branches in Enugu state. All these were selected branches of first bank within Nigeria.
Having identified the promptness of service imposed by the orgniazational structure of first bank on its customers, the researcher wisher to put forward the following “suggestions” to first bank in particular to improve the services to their customers services.
COMPUTERIZATION OF ALL THE BRANCHES
Greater emphasis should be laid on the computerization of every branch of firstbank plc, be it a rural branch on an urban branch.
REVIEW OF BRANCH OPERATIONAL METHODS;
Cheques should not be made to pass through any intermediaries but straight to authorizing officials. Signing offices should give priority affaintion to processing of payment instructions.
The old equipment which hold up operations as a result of breakdowns should be replaced immediately with modern accounting machine.
EMPLOYMENT OF PROFESSIONALS
By professionals, here is meant people who have distinguished themselves in the field of banking, such people include charted bankers and charted accountant.
SUGGEST FOR FURTHER STUDIES
Phenomenon such as this generates a lot of controversy and covers a wide range of activities. However, due to the limitations of the researcher it was not possible to cover 100% of this work due to scarcity of data and lack of time and money. The researcher is therefore recommending that further studies should be or dispute.