The Effects of Interest Rates Deregulation in Nigeria Banking Industries
Content Structure of The Effects of Interest Rates Deregulation in Nigeria Banking Industries
The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Introduction Of The Effects of Interest Rates Deregulation in Nigeria Banking Industries
Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a bank to the Government has so many role to play in an economy. One of the important roles of central bank is the control and regulation of interest rate on banks. The deregulation of interest rates on banks in Nigeria and its effects is the subject matter of this study.
Thus, this chapter cover the general principles of interest rates with emphasis on purpose of the study, scope of the study, significance of the study, limitation of the study and definition of terms.
THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to examine how the central bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulates the interest rate and to know the specific effects of the interest deregulation in Nigeria banking industries. Looking at United Bank for Africa (UBA), we are drawing information from their activities and this enable us to know the specific interest rates deregulation in Nigeria Banking industries.
THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is primarily to highlight the effect of interest rates deregulate which intends to cover the following target are:
i. Central bank as a body controlling or deregulating interest rates.
ii. Activities of united bank for Africa on which interest are chargeable.
iii. General bank accounts and credits, which are also liable interest rate.
iv. How the deregulation has affected the banks and particularly united bank for Africa (UBA) where we are testing our hypothesis.
v. Various journals and publications.
We hope to use some statistical method to obtain relevant information from the said Targeted Bank UBA, also, we used primary source of information in which we have questionnaires and personal interview of relevant literature textbook, magazines periodical and newspapers for proper presentation.
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This will reveal the importance of the research work, its benefit end contributions in the provision of the subject matter. This study is set out to find the interest rates deregulation in banking industries. Despite the control of central bank of Nigeria (CBN) in banking sectors, it could still be seen that interest rate in banking industries are weakened all the while.
THE LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Since all area of human endeavor are characterized by some limiting factors and a research effect of this nature is therefore no exception. Therefore the major constraints of there research work are:
i. TIME: It is indeed pertinent that we have a very little time within our reach. Therefore we need to manage the source we could quickly lay our hands upon so as to be able to finish the work within the allocated time.
ii. FINANCIAL CONSTRAINT: The writer of the project would have loved to cover wider but this is not possible due to the limited amount of money we gave with us. We spent all we could to our hands upon to put the work through.
iii. OTHER LOGICAL REASONS: This are some other reasons which made us limit our research to this area we have mentioned. For example, it is not easy to go through out the nation to source information and also the widespread of various banks we have.
Finally, we hope that at the end of reading this project work, the reader must have been well acquainted with what is know as interest rate deregulation in bank its effects on Nigeria banks and how the banks operate under the banking system.