The Effect of the Nigerian Pidgen English on the Academic Performance of University Students in Nigeria
Content Structure of The Effect of the Nigerian Pidgen English on the Academic Performance of University Students in Nigeria
The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract Of The Effect of the Nigerian Pidgen English on the Academic Performance of University Students in Nigeria
The paper carefully examines the effect of the Nigerian pidgin english on the academic performance of university students using University of Uyo as a case study. The current status of pidgin english mostly used by students was also analysed.
In view of the findings, the use of Pidgin in formal setting should be discouraged since it has not been given its rightful recognition. Its coming into the institution is affecting the students’ academic performance.
It is of uttermost importance that further research be conducted into the Nigerian Pidgin usage in order to ensure its standardization before it can be welcomed fully in the educational system and the country at large.
TABLE OF CONTENT
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
HYPOTHESIS OF THE STUDY
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
DEFINITION OF TERMS
ORIGIN OF PIDGIN ENGLISH
THE EVOLUTION OF NIGERIAN PIDGIN
STATUS OF NIGERIAN PIDGIN
ATTITUDES TOWARDS NIGERIAN PIDGIN
THE LANGUAGE COMPOSITION OF NIGERIA PIDGIN
POPULATION OF THE STUDY
SAMPLE SIZE AND TECHNIQUE
DATA COLLECTION METHOD
DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
PRESENTATION OF TABLES
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS