Performance Evaluation of Solvents Blend for Silicone Defoamer
Content Structure of Performance Evaluation of Solvents Blend for Silicone Defoamer
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of Performance Evaluation of Solvents Blend for Silicone Defoamer
Foam are substances that are been formed when pockets of gases are trapped in a liquid or solid. Foam stabilizations are caused by van der waals force between molecules, there are conditions required for foaming to occur. Foams have different applications that are been utilised in their different forms. Defoamers are substances that hinders the formation of foam in liquids. The purpose of the defoaming test is to check the performance of silicone defoamer as an antifoaming agent after meeting some certain criteria. They are different method that can be used to test for defoamers which include the bartsch method, ross-miles test, automated shake test (AST) and foam rise method. The foam rise method was used to carry out this investigation. The foam sample used for this research was crude oil foam
Defoamers used for this experiment were improvised with solvents and silicone. Silicone was mixed with`each of the solvents in different proportions. During the experiment, physical properties of the components and defoamers were determined with measuring instruments and visual examinations. Different parameters were used to rate the defoamer’s performance. Charts in which the parameters were used to compare the defoamers were depicted.
From the figures(charts) shown, the defoamer which could be preferable for use in checkmating crude oil foam was defoamer E.