Factors Influencing the Attitude of Students Towards the Study of Mathematics in Nigeria
Content Structure of Factors Influencing the Attitude of Students Towards the Study of Mathematics in Nigeria
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of Factors Influencing the Attitude of Students Towards the Study of Mathematics in Nigeria
This research sets out to investigate the factors influencing the attitude of secondary school students towards the study of mathematics in Nigeria, using Uyo as case study.
The research used questionnaire to get information from students and qualified mathematics teachers of five selected secondary schools in Uyo
The study reveals that:
- Most students have negative attitude towards the study of mathematics.
- The student’s attitude towards the study of mathematics is influenced by teachers’ method of teaching.