Effect of Recapitalization on Liquidity and Profitability of Banks in Nigeria
Content Structure of Effect of Recapitalization on Liquidity and Profitability of Banks in Nigeria
The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of Effect of Recapitalization on Liquidity and Profitability of Banks in Nigeria
The banking sector of our time has been distinguished from other related financial sector because of the numerous services and assistance it can render to the people and the economy at large. The banking sector of Nigeria requires day to day regulation to bring the sector to standard and out of crises.
Therefore, to create awareness on the management of this sector and the impact of the regulatory authority (CBN) on this sector is one of the factors that induced the caring out of this project.
The methodology of this project follows series of procedures. One of the procedures is the use of questionnaires to obtain primary data used for the analysis of the project and a statistical model called chisquare was used to analyze the answers gotten from the questionnaires. Moreso, Textbooks, Newspapers and CBN Bullions were also used as secondary data.
Findings from the analysis shows that, recapitalization actually has a great effect on the profitability and liquidity of banks in Nigeria. Thus, the hypotheses were tested rightly and positive result was obtained at the end of analysis. For instance, the analysis revealed that the increase in capital base has actually enhanced banks’ liquidity and profitability as majority of the respondents supported the statement in the analysis.
Finally, it is suggested that, the current capital base (25 billion) should be maintained to a reasonable point before another increment. As a new increase of capital base at an earlier stage can affect the banks’ operation. Also, the CBN as regulatory in authority should put in place effective measures to checkmate issues of mismanagement of funds in banks.