Contributions of Vanguard Newspaper to the Development of Democracy During the 2015 General Elections in Delta State
Content Structure of Contributions of Vanguard Newspaper to the Development of Democracy During the 2015 General Elections in Delta State
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of Contributions of Vanguard Newspaper to the Development of Democracy During the 2015 General Elections in Delta State
The contributions of Newspaper report of the vanguard newspaper on the development of democracy in Delta State during 2015 election cannot be overemphasized. This is due the close relationship between politics and mass media since inception of Nigeria political development. The study used the content analysis and the survey research design. Fifty publications were used as sample size for the content analysis while questionnaire was administered to 120 respondents. The result clearly shows that the position of these findings indicates that the contributions of vanguard newspaper reports on home video have positive impact to the overall development of the democracy in Nigeria. This is shown through specialized pages, projection of photographs, daily coverage and advertisement opportunities which the newspaper provided for the Nigerian elections. The findings seek to provide the following recommendation from the study. The Nigerian newspapers should give adequate publication of general elections in a way that will contribute to the development of the democratic institutions, which is generating global attention. The publication of Nigeria democracy by Nigeria Vanguard newspaper should maintain high ethical standards, since the political activities is a very sensitive industry. Newspaper report of democratic elections should cover the aspect of Nigeria sustainability of democracy. Nigeria newspaper should endeavour to make political institutions known to the mass by wider coverage.