Assessment of Diversification as a Survival and Growth Strategy: a Case Study of Nigerian Bottling Company Plc
Content Structure of Assessment of Diversification as a Survival and Growth Strategy: a Case Study of Nigerian Bottling Company Plc
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of Assessment of Diversification as a Survival and Growth Strategy: a Case Study of Nigerian Bottling Company Plc
The competitive nature of the economy, cause many products and services to lose their distinctiveness, the competitors’ offering of lower prices, and the deteriorating public perception of the business organizations have called for the strategies, and public relations in the marketing of consumer goods. The concept of Diversification strategy is that, the organization’s eggs are kept in different basket so that the risk of becoming bankruptcy will be reduced. This research examined the significant impact of Diversification to the Nigerian Bottling Company. The objectives of the study were to assess the success of Diversification strategy to the organization and to also assess those problems associated with Diversification strategy. The methodology included Survey Design to gather primary data from the 60 questionnaires for the study, Percentage used in presenting and analyzing the gathered data, and Chi-Square used in testing the null hypotheses. The major findings of the study were that; Diversification strategy has a significant impact on the survival and growth of the Nigerian Bottling Company, Diversification adopted by the organization is said to be effective and efficient but has not attained it optimal point due to low attention being given to some element of Diversification such as; horizontal and vertical integration. Some recommendations proffered were that; the management of the Company should improve more on their core competencies so as to vibrant competitive strength , the company should carry out the review of performance of its various sales of new product at different point in time in other to detect weakness with a view to take corrective measures, the company should embark on comprehensive public relations to build a good public image, and should be socially responsible to have the support of its environment.