An Analysis Into the Causes of Failure of Small Scale Business Organisation in Enugu.
Content Structure of An Analysis Into the Causes of Failure of Small Scale Business Organisation in Enugu.
The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Introduction Of An Analysis Into the Causes of Failure of Small Scale Business Organisation in Enugu.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The problems of small business failure is as old as the history of business itself a large number if business which started with so much optimism and promise have failed.
The problems that confront business in its own right could contribute a great threat to the survival of he business. It is better to indicate here that the survival of business if any person managed economy to a great extent depends on sometimes sheer luck rather on managerial and technical capability as would have seen the case.
Business failure if like sickness such as malaria it always do not come without symptoms. The Main symptoms of immediate business collapse according to Ifedi (1986) are detoriating capital, decrease in sales, decline profit and high debt ratio. Once these factors are noticed in business, the entrepreneur should know that he business is at its collapse. A large number of business have failure in Enugu state. The problem of business failure is now a great concern to managers, entrepreneur customers and workers, an each can play an important role in minimizing it.
In order to minimize business failure, effects should be made to determine the cause of such failure and appropriate steps to reduce them to an acceptable proportion. This is the concern of this study.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study will attempt to sort out what business failure will be like in the economic cycle and the problems that are associated with business failure in small scale enterprises.
The problems can be classified this, general and specific factors. Both factors are highlighted below:
- Government polices and regulations.
- Inflation and business cycle.
- Managerial incompetence.
- Inadequate capital.
In considering the problems as stated above, a question has to be asked. How easy it is for small business to fight against failure. The magnitude of this problems and its implication have inspired this research.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is certain that in Nigeria today causes of business failure are rampart tot he point that is calls for some activation into the cause, consequences and recommendations on their prevention. It is hoped that it the recommendations are properly utilized, it would increase the chances of success thus reduce the personal and social cost due to business failure.
SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Business failure has adverse effects on any economy. One should therefore understand the necessity to narrow this study in small scale business organizations.
In other to attain the objective of this research, the scope of the study was defined to embody all relevant aspects of failure in business.
The research work is aimed at analysing the causes of small business failure in Enugu State. Due to financial constraints time and other academic involvement’s the study was limited to Enugu Urban. However, this town was considered as a fairy true representative of the entire state. Lack of relevant literature also constitutes some limitations of this study.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Business: This is all profit directed economic activities that are organ and directed top provide products and services.
Economics Cycle: This is the cyclical change that occur as the legality of economic activities varies overtime.
Entrepreneur: This is a person who assumed the risk of organisation and Managing a business I the hope of making profit. If a profit is earned, the entrepreneur receives it.
Small Scale Industry: This is an establishment with low capital based and the employees are relatively small.