The Effect of Formal Education on Nigerian Women’s Attitude Towards Family Planning in Lagos State
Content Structure of The Effect of Formal Education on Nigerian Women’s Attitude Towards Family Planning in Lagos State
- The abstract contains the research problem, the objectives, methodology, results, and recommendations
- Chapter one of this thesis or project materials contains the background to the study, the research problem, the research questions, research objectives, research hypotheses, significance of the study, the scope of the study, organization of the study, and the operational definition of terms.
- Chapter two contains relevant literature on the issue under investigation. The chapter is divided into five parts which are the conceptual review, theoretical review, empirical review, conceptual framework, and gaps in research
- Chapter three contains the research design, study area, population, sample size and sampling technique, validity, reliability, source of data, operationalization of variables, research models, and data analysis method
- Chapter four contains the data analysis and the discussion of the findings
- Chapter five contains the summary of findings, conclusions, recommendations, contributions to knowledge, and recommendations for further studies.
- References: The references are in APA
Abstract of The Effect of Formal Education on Nigerian Women’s Attitude Towards Family Planning in Lagos State
The study attempted to investigate the effect of formal education on Nigerian women’s attitude towards family planning in Lagos State. The study also reviewed relevant and extensive literatures under sub-headings.
The descriptive research survey design was employed in this study in order to assess the opinions of the respondents with the application of questionnaire and the sampling technique.
A total of 160 (one hundred and sixty) respondents were selected as samples representing the entire population of the study.
Four null hypotheses were formulated and tested in this study using the Pearson Product Moment Correlation and the independent t-test statistical tools at 0.05 level of significance.
At the end of the analyses, the following results were obtained:
1. Hypothesis one revealed that adult educational programmes will significantly influence family planning among couples.
2. Hypothesis two found that the socio-economic status of couples will have significant effect on their level of family planning.
3. Hypothesis three result shows that religious belief of couples will significantly have relationship with their level of family planning.
4. Hypothesis four show that there is a significant difference between the attitude of the educated couples towards family planning and those who are illiterates.
All the null hypothesis were rejected. This shows that adult educational programmes has significance influence on the level of family planning among couples in Ikeja Local Government Area of Lagos State.